Thursday, March 1, 2012

“Cracked Paint Abstract” Photograph


Abstract patterns and colors were one of my first photographic loves. I started with leaves, treebark and rocks then moved into the urban environment looking at corroded metal and, as in this case, old paintwork. Although I now spend more time focussed on the living streets I still do occasionally drag my eyes back to the inanimate.

This cracked paint was part of an old piece of graffiti artwork on a wall in Bangkok. It is exactly the sort of beautiful detail that we walk passed every day but tend to dismiss as an ugly blemish without a second glance.

Stopping to smell the roses is good advice but I suggest also stopping to stare at the wall occasionally.

Photograph taken in Rangsit, Bangkok, Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment