Friday, January 13, 2012

"Street Couple" Photograph


I like this photograph as a portrait of a trendy young couple strolling along a street market in Chiang Mai but it is also one of those pictures where my shadow has been cast onto the man’s shirt so that it’s almost a self-portrait as well.

The fact that my face is in profile is revealing of the technique I use whereby I am often not actually looking at the subjects as I press the shutter release button. We are well attuned to noticing people who are looking at us even in relatively crowded situations and have an automatic reaction to make eye contact. This eye contact would change the nature of my street photography so if possible I look the other way.

Photograph taken at the “Saturday Walking Street”, Chiang Mai, Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment