Thursday, September 20, 2012

“Belly Exposure” Photograph


I try not to get too hung up about focus although I am disappointed when pictures turn out a bit blurred, which is usually due to me still moving as I take the picture or not being able to check the autofocus when shooting from the hip. In this picture the man is quite “soft” as we say, in other words, he’s out of focus. But does that really matter? Sometimes the answer should definitely be “yes, it does matter” but in this case would you actually like to be able see every individual hair on his belly?

Photograph taken at Chatuchak Weekend Market, Bangkok, Thailand

2 comments:

  1. would have been even better if you had left the lens cap on as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I'm usually not looking through the viewfinder when I take a picture that could easily happen!

    ReplyDelete