Sunday, April 29, 2012

“One Hand” Photograph


I love hands and the infinite variety of positions they can get into. As I’ve mentioned before they are a very overlooked aspect of photography and at times they are almost as meaningful and expressive as a person’s face.

The nature of photography means that you can look more closely at a scene or subject than is often possible in real life, particularly busy street life, and therefore details can be noticed. This isn’t, however, always a good thing. I certainly didn’t notice that curly white hair when taking the photo but now every time I look at this picture I want to pick it off her shirt. I was tempted to remove it in Photoshop but decided to leave it there in order to make this point.

Photograph taken at “Saturday Walking Street”, Chiang Mai, Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment