Friday, January 11, 2013

“Arm in Arm” Photograph


That’s my shadow looking the other way as I take a photograph of this woman who is hiding her face from the sun rather than from the camera. There are actually two shadows of me (well, it is my birthday!) – one on the dirty plastic bus shelter and a second on the wall directly behind. An interesting point about the perspective of these two shadows is that they are lined up according to the point-of-view, i.e. the camera at waist-level, rather than the more expected eye-level, or in other words if I had been looking directly through the viewfinder my two shadow heads would be in line with each other.

Even though she’s a stranger, I like the way our arms seem linked.

Photograph taken at Victory Monument, Bangkok, Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment