Sunday, October 14, 2012

“Concrete Forest” Photograph


Although the title I have given this photograph and the lack of color can give this place a negative tint, I actually think that this covered walkway which runs underneath the skytrain line above Rama I Road is actually one of the best things to happen to central Bangkok in recent years. I’m sure the fact that it is shaded, lacks motorbikes and is high enough to get away from the worst of the traffic pollution has encouraged more people to walk at least a short distance. It’s not very long but there is another section further along and hopefully there will be more at some stage. I suppose the fact that there is an air-conditioned shopping mall every hundred metres or so helps.

Photograph taken in central Bangkok, Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment