Friday, May 4, 2012

“Restaurant Kid” Photograph


Sometimes kids and restaurants (or trains or airplanes or many other places) just don’t mix well. We’ve probably all been in a situation where our own or somebody else’s child just keeps on tapping away at that window...

However, in this case I should also point out that photography can be deceptive. This boy didn’t actually seem to be misbehaving and was just waving at me as I walked by (he's looking at my face, with camera at waist-level). The man may have been at the end of his tether but equally he could, for example, have just been trying to remember the name of a song.

I think it’s fine to interpret street photographs however we want as long as we can separate the interpretation from the individuals in the photograph.

Photograph taken Airport Plaza, Chiang Mai, Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment