Thursday, October 8, 2026

"Nipple" Weathered Street Photograph

A composite photograph of a man with two other people behind him in a covered Thai market overlaid with patches of rusty metal. The original street photo was black-and-white so the rust overlay tones the whole image a rusty brown colour and gives it a sense of weathered aging. The unfortunate position of one small patch of rust makes it appear that one person is exposing their nipple but in a light-hearted way as it clearly is not real.

This is a blended combination of a street photograph and a close-up photograph of rusty metal also found on the same streets. The tone and texture of the rust photo work well with this market scene giving it a weathered aging feel but putting a large nipple on that woman was accidental rather than deliberate. I tried to alter the rust pattern to avoid it but no other orientation worked as well so she is stuck with the anatomical addition. I was about to remove it with some cloning when I realised I had actually grown quite fond of its funny side. So it stays. I hope it is at least obvious enough that it is not real.

Photographs taken in Petchaburi, Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment